Who am I

Who am I

Beitragvon Angelica » Dienstag 1. Juli 2008, 10:30

This question is the most important question one could ever ask. We may define ourselves by what we do, for example, an accountant, doctor, professor; or what we have, our financial situation, our relationship, mother, father, partner, friends. We can define ourselves by the body and say we are a certain age, a healthy or sick person. All this definitions are the content of our lives, whatever we do, experience, perceive or think refer not to the life that we are, but to the life that we have. So who am I, if I am not my work or finances, my mental state, my inner or outer circumstances? What is left other than all the content? That which enables the content to be, the inner space of consciousness.

This is the secret that is reveled once we look inside our deepest fears, and our ugliest sides, we are that which creates all of life, God playing human. Our fearful thoughts and bossy egos are telling us constantly a story of us. It is our choice to believe and follow that story, or to be still and allow life itself to shine through.

In this blog I would like us to be a support for each other in letting go of my life-story and rejoice in the ease of being.

In love,
Angelica
Angelica

Re: Who am I

Beitragvon Falk » Dienstag 1. Juli 2008, 20:40

Dear Angelica, welcome to cyberspace. Hurray to your new blog and your vision, which already started to transform the world. Like the story of the seagul emptying the ocean, who stole her eggs. Seeing this dedication, and attention more and more animals joined in her mission to carry the water ashore. Eventually, after the ocean started to empty, it gave back the eggs, knowing that the tide had turned. ...

I look forward to your inspiring blog. May the force be with all of us :D
Falk
Site Admin

Beitragvon flowflower » Freitag 4. Juli 2008, 18:27

Dear Angelica,

I certainly agree to all you say – especially regarding letting go of my life-story and rejoicing to be. However, to put it into practice is a constant struggle for me. No way of really being a flower of flow – that’s absolutely wishful thinking. Ever so often I am just not strong enough and I keep following the “me and my story”, because it’s just the easiest way to go. It’s almost like an autopilot, as I have been travelling on these roads for such a long time. Even though in the meantime I became aware that this will always bring me down to a place where certainly I do not want to be after all. But then again, that’s where I end up - again and again. It seems to be a big uphill battle and I am always defeated in the end. Sometimes I am rejoicing a little while, but then again, while trying to deal with all the daily pressures and obligations, I lose touch with 'just being'. Do you have any further advice on how to get rid of the old patterns other than – ‘just be still and allow life to shine through’. Right now this just sounds like a very far away theoretical concept. Certainly you know what it really means and you live it in practice. So do you have any other way to put it into more practical terms? If I do not do anything and let life shine through I am only falling back into the old tracks. So what can I do to truly achieve this change? Looking very much forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
not really flowflower
flowflower

Beitragvon Angelica » Sonntag 6. Juli 2008, 17:05

Dear flowflower,

Thank you for such an honest account of our lives. You say “I keep following the “me and my story”, because it’s just the easiest way to go. It’s almost like an autopilot, as I have been travelling on these roads for such a long time”. This is really how it is; we have been running on autopilot not only for this lifetime, but for thousands of years, we only have to look at the hi-story of humanity.

What do we do? We see it for what it is: a very old habit running on autopilot. To see how this works implies awareness is rising and therefore this old habit does not have a strong hold, otherwise you would just live in autopilot without even realising it!, like many millions of people live. So we acknowledge the change that is already happening, and we take power away from the story. How do we do that? By taking our attention away from the story and into this growing awareness, this should not be a struggle or an uphill battle. Fighting is just another tool of this old conditioned me and it just makes the story stronger. Instead, just be nurturing and caring with yourself, like a little seedling that is sprouting.

You ask” So do you have any other way to put it into more practical terms? If I do not do anything and let life shine through I am only falling back into the old tracks. So what can I do to truly achieve this change?“ Yes, we can go straight to the root of the problem, our thoughts. Is thinking bad? No, if it is used for what is needed, solving a linear problem, studying math, making an appointment. Instead, we live so distracted by our thoughts, so identified with the voice in our head, the constant mental commentaries, that we are not able to feel the aliveness within our bodies and all around us. When we bring gaps in our stream of constant thinking, we allow life to shine through.

A very useful tool is to be aware of our breath. Feel the air coming in and out of your body. Notice how the chest and abdomen expand and contract with the in and out-breath. One conscious breath is enough to make some space where there was uninterrupted mental noise. The attention should not be on how long you are conscious of your breath, but how frequently you bring it in your daily life. For example, you are very stressed driving the kids to school. When you remember, take one or two conscious breath. Afterwards, you arrive late at work and have a long list of things to do, while your boss is calling. When you remember, stop for a moment and breathe consciously.

This is how we bring inner space to our daily life; as a result the old habits have a lesser and lesser grip. Be patient with yourself, invite these ‘breaks’ in as often as possible, and the rest happens by itself.

With deepest love and Gratitude,

Angelica
Angelica

Zurück zu Angelica's Blog (in English)